Investing in Prince Rupert
Prince Rupert – Canada’s Northern Gateway for Asia-North American Trade
The Port of Prince Rupert is sustaining its strong growth as a key North American gateway and this is having a positive impact. Prince Rupert boasts North America’s fastest growing port for transpacific trade because of the many strategic advantages our area has to offer.
What is special about the Prince Rupert region?
Located on the Northwest coast of British Columbia, Prince Rupert has several distinct advantages that have put us in the international spotlight:
- The Port of Prince Rupert is the closest North American port to Asia by up to three days.
- Our Port has five world-class terminals, including the fastest-growing container terminal in North America
- Prince Rupert has the second deepest, natural, ice-free harbour in the world, making our coastline more valuable because it can handle the large vessels deployed for transpacific trade
- Our superior uncongested rail and road connections mean efficient access to the entire North American continent
- The Prince Rupert region has ample industrial land ready for development
- The Port of Prince Rupert is sustaining its strong growth as a key North American gateway and this is having a positive impact on Prince Rupert (and other communities across northern British Columbia).
Prince Rupert’s geographic advantages, plus the Port of Prince Rupert’s ability to plan ahead has created a foundation to allow for significantly more trade growth to Asia. We are fortunate to have our strong and progressive Port, to give Prince Rupert opportunities and a bright future.